Probate Attorneys | Milwaukee, WI

Personal representatives are given many responsibilities when they are named in a decedent’s last will and testament. Included in these responsibilities is settling the final affairs of the decedent’s estate. At Magner, Hueneke & Borda, LLP, our Milwaukee probate attorneys assist personal representatives in various legal matters related to the probate of an estate.

Have you been named personal representative of a will? A lawyer from our firm can assist you with probate court proceedings and other matters. Call us at 414-281-4529 to arrange an appointment. You may also contact us online and someone from our firm will be in touch with you promptly.

Do You Require Assistance in Probate Proceedings?

Probate may not be necessary, and we can help you determine which type of proceeding is most appropriate. For example, up to $50,000 can be transferred by affidavit; savings accounts can be transferred by beneficiary designation; assets in trust do not have to go through probate. When probate proceedings are necessary, we advise personal representatives on the responsibilities they must meet and ensure their duties are fulfilled. If you have been named a personal representative, your responsibilities may include the following:

  • Giving notice of probate to heirs, beneficiaries and family members
  • Filing proper Wisconsin documentation such as a closing certificate
  • Paying estate taxes if applicable
  • Paying estate debts
  • Distributing property and assets to beneficiaries

When Disputes Arise, We Can Help

Probate litigation may be required when disputes arise regarding will contests, trust disputes or an alleged breach of fiduciary duty. Personal representatives will not be held liable unless it is found that they misappropriated funds. Our firm is dedicated to protecting our clients’ futures by assisting with proper accounting practices to ensure funds are distributed correctly.

Contact Our Milwaukee Probate Attorneys

Do you have questions about wills and probate? Contact us online or call 414-281-4529 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your situation.

Se habla español